Yes – it’s that time already!
It’s the beginning of September, I’ve already posted my August Favourites, the weather is threatening to cool down and I’m back at school. I could feel down, depressed and generally a bit miserable about it all, but instead I’m feeling energised! (Okay, I’m not necessarily energised by being back at school and teaching Maths every day, but work with me!)
I, along with probably every other lifestyle blogger out there, love Autumn. I love the fact that the weather cools down again and I can wear most of my wardrobe again. I love the colours that appear outside all of a sudden. I love wrapping up warm and going for long walks. I love Halloween. It’s all just fantastic!
Don’t get me wrong, I loved the summer and thoroughly enjoyed that sunshine, but I’m also ready to wind down a bit, cool off, and enjoy the Autumn months. So I sat down the other day and start thinking – what do I want to do this Autumn? How can I make the most of it? I came up with a bit of a bucket list for the next couple of months, which I hope you enjoy. If you have any ideas for activities I can add to my list, or anything you’re inspired by – let me know!
- Buy a pair of wellies. (I know, it’s crazy – I don’t own a pair of good old wellington boots. If anyone can recommend a good sturdy pair that won’t bankrupt me, please leave a comment!)
- Go for a long, muddy walk in those wellies.
- Make a proper hot chocolate with whipped cream and (vegetarian) marshmallows.
- Spend a whole day curled up in a blanket and reading.
- Celebrate Halloween. (I haven’t been to a Halloween party since I was at University, and I doubt I’ll be doing so this year either, but I would like to mark the day somehow. Even if it’s just a quiet night in with Chris, carving a pumpkin and watching some scary movies. Actually, that sounds pretty perfect.)
- Read a historical novel. (I don’t know why, but it just feels like the right season to go on a romp with some Tudors. Just me?…)
- Read a horror novel. (I really recommend Stephen King.)
- Stay on top of self-care. (I wouldn’t be the Self-Care Sloth if I didn’t at least mention this! As I said, I’m back to school this month, back to teaching full-time and having a very full diary! Which means I need to remember to slow down, take some time out, and look after myself every week. So I’m adding it to my bucket list – that way I can’t forget it, and it sounds like an indulgence! I will be eating healthy, washing my hair, having hot bubble baths (I know I said self-care was more than just bubble baths, but sometimes you need it!), and taking time to stretch and breathe. Never let a change in routine mean a lack of self-care!)
What would be on your Autumn bucket list? I’d love to know 🙂
The Self-Care Sloth