First off, a huge thank you to the very lovely Sarah from Mommin’ in the Real World who nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award.
I love the name of this award, because it is so warm and friendly. I am loving connecting with friendly bloggers on Twitter at the moment. If you’re on Twitter, come and say hi! 🙂
RULES FOR THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations – I will be using Twitter.
Okay, here are Sarah’s questions, let’s get going!
- What is your least favorite part of blogging?
To be honest, I’d just say my own lack of confidence. I’m still new and find writing posts hard, as well as promoting them. Trying to spend enough time on my blog around work is tough.
- What has been the best way to promote your blog in social media?
Definitely Twitter – I love taking part in comment threads, such as #TeaCupClub meetings, and I’ve found some great blogs to follow via Twitter too!
- Do your friends and family read your blog?
No, I haven’t found the confidence to share my blog with people I know yet!
- What 3 things would you take with you on a desert island?
How many books can I count as one thing?……
I guess I would take a huge encyclopedia so I could try to read a lot and learn a lot too. An iPod full of Neil Diamond music. And a very large notebook… and pen… is that four? Whoops!
- Where is 1 place in the world you would like to travel to?
I would love to visit Italy. I’ve never been, and it looks beautiful. Not to mention how good the food looks!
- Are you married and do you have any children?
I am married – I got married just over a month ago! So it’s still very new! No children just yet though. Unless our very handsome cat counts…
- Do you prefer a bath or shower?
Never thought I’d say this, but I definitely prefer a bath. Particularly if I’ve had a stressful day.
- Do you follow current events in your country/around the world?
I try to, but if I’m struggling with my anxiety then I tend to avoid most news. It’s usually a real trigger for me, and very rarely is it positive news!
- Do you vote? If not, why not?
Always. I think it’s so important to use your vote.
- What was your favorite subject to study in school?
Drama – I studied both Drama and Music for my undergraduate degree, but Drama was always my favourite. I loved to act, direct and study plays.
- What are 5 words that describe you?
Ooh, that’s tough! I would say…
Stubborn. Funny. Anxious. Cluttered. Creative.
My Sunshine Blogger Nominees are:
Jenny in Neverland
Amie (The Curvaceous Vegan)
Milenka (Blushing Lately)
Ell (Boss Girl Bloggers)
Ruth In Revolt
Jo (Online Blanket Fort)
Steph (Nourish Me)
Questions for my Nominees
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is a Youtube channel you would recommend?
- What is a podcast or audio book you would recommend?
- Do you prefer physical books, ebooks, or audio books?
- What is your favourite genre of books?
- What is the one activity that always de-stresses you or makes you feel better?
- What was the last film you watched?
- Do you watch Game of Thrones? If so, who is your favourite character?
- What would be your last meal?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is one of your goals for the next month?
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. I would highly recommend heading over to all my nominees’ blogs – they are an absolute joy to read and some of my favourite corners of the internet!
Have a lovely weekend 🙂