I’m sure you’ve seen posts like this before – I know I have!
I used to roll my eyes at bucket lists, five year plans, ten year plans, and so on… I just thought that, seeing as life never really went to plan anyway, what was the point?!
But the more I’ve got into goal-setting over the past year, the more I have been thinking about where I want my life to be moving over the next few years. This has led me to reading quite a lot of blog posts that talk about a ’30 before 30′ list – simply, a list of thirty things you want to achieve or do before you hit that big 3-0. (I say ‘big’… I’m not sure that it is. But ask me again when I get there!)
I have really started to like the ideas of a 30 before 30 list, as a list of experiences, achievements and just general goals that I would like to achieve before I turn 30. For me, this has provided a good opportunity to sit down, reflect, and set goals. However, it has given me the same anxiety-inducing pressure that I have experienced before when trying to create a 5 or 10 year plan. My main inspiration for this post was a post written by the wonderful Zanna van Dijk, who as well as being the same age as me, is one of my favourite Youtubers/bloggers/fitness gurus. As I’m fast approaching 27, now seemed like a good time to take that inspiration and run with it.
So, without any further rambling, here are the thirty things I would like to do or achieve before my thirtieth birthday. Some are huge goals, some are tiny, niggling little wishes, but I would love to achieve them all…
- Go camping. (Me and Mr W have a tent and we’re ready to go, we just haven’t gotten round it to yet. I have been camping before, but not for many years!)
- Climb another mountain. (Earlier this year, we climbed Snowdon. It inspired me to keep hiking as much as possible.)
- Own a brand new, high quality mattress. For all that beautiful, quality sleep.
- Perform in a choir again. (This one should be ticked off pretty soon!)
- Pay off my credit card.
- Have a healthy savings account. (These two are both a little more serious… I haven’t been very financially secure or confident for most of my twenties, so it is important to me to enter my next decade of life with a bit more money behind me, just in case. On that note…)
- Buy a house!
- Start a family. (I’m broody as anything – but, following the last few goals, we want to be a bit more financially comfortable before we start having children.)
- Visit Italy.
- Travel solo for a long weekend. (Either on an organised retreat, or just taking myself away to read and write for a weekend in the countryside.)
- Write a novel. (The ultimate dream!)
- Go on a spa day with my Mum.
- Go on a cookery course.
- Make gnocchi from scratch.
- Make an entire lasagna from scratch, including the pasta.
- Clear all the unnecessary clutter from our house so we only own what’s needed.
- Study some more. (I see myself doing some more formal study at some point in the future, most likely in Education and aspects of Child Psychology.)
- Put more time and effort into my blog posts and accompanying photos, hopefully growing my audience more.
- Eat at Dans le Noir in London. (A restaurant in London I’ve been dying to visit for years!)
- Make some kind of income through this blog, through any channel, and any amount.
- Have a solid, calming, morning routine in place.
- Invite friends round for dinner.
- Invite family round for dinner.
- Finally finish the cross-stitch map of Westeros that I’ve been working on for five years…
- Pay off my car!
- Take my sister on holiday somewhere, just us two.
- Find the perfect winter coat.
- Run a marathon. (I’ve done a half marathon, and I’m going to do another this year. I think it’s about time I progressed on to the full marathon!)
- Get the two matching tattoos I want. (One with Mr W, one with my sister.)
- Secure some kind of extra responsibility at work.
There they are – my 30 before 30!
Are any of these the same as your goals? I would love to see some posts from you guys sharing your list as well.